Saturday, June 25, 2011

19 Weeks and Nursery Ideas!

So here I am at 19 weeks (as of yesterday)! I have to say, I love my belly. Sure, somedays I feel fat, but generally I am just insanely happy to be looking round and pregnant.



We started clearing out the nursery earlier this week, and our theme is going to be owls. We are basing it off of this fabric from Spoonflower.com:



I'm going to make curtains, a crib blanket (not a quilt, and it won't be used in the crib until baby is older but it will match), basket liners, a lamp shade, a breastfeeding pillow cover, and more. The crib skirt will be out of plain lime green fabric, and we are going to make some cushions for the rocking chair (that Nate's mom used to rock him in, aww!) out of either lime green or teal fabric.

Mom and I are going to paint a tree on the wall and add shelves like in this picture but with lime green accents, not orange:



I bought this owl piggy bank off of Etsy and it will probably go on one of the tree shelves:



And I will be buying/making other various owl accents, such as sewing up some cute owl book ends similar to these:



Our crib and dresser/change table (with removable hutch) is second hand, but it is gorgeous. Here is a picture from when we bought it off Kijiji during our last pregnancy in 2009:





I'm toying with putting this wall quote above the baby's crib:



And mom and I are also going to paint owls sitting on branches on the huge while closet doors (they take up one wall). I don't have a picture of that, but the owls will be pulled from the fabric.

I so can't wait to get started! Nate is putting the crib together today, as we have his cousin Greg and his wife Jodie and their baby girl Alysa coming to stay with us next week (and Alysa will be using the crib and change table while they are here). We just visited them in Vancouver a month or so ago, they are very close family to us and we usually only see each other once a year, so we are really excited to see them again. I cannot wait to cuddle Alysa again. She is such a pretty baby, here is one of my favourite pictures of her that I took while in Vancouver:



I'll be taking in progress pictures of the nursery, so I will definitely post them all once it's done. Mom and I leave for Vegas on Tuesday morning, so I will also post pics of our haul. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled onto your blog, CONGRATS! I was looking for nursery ideas. Best wishes on your babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You can see our finished nursery in this post if you are interested: http://kateandnateinwaiting.blogspot.com/2011/08/nursery-preview.html

    ReplyDelete